Saturday, November 14, 2015


Why do bad things happen to good people? Common question that many people ask. How would you answer? My first response to that question is it is through those hard and trying time that we are able to grow the most.

This week in class we talked about crisis, namely family crisis. Not only do bad things happen to good people, but bad things happen to good families as well. Crisis always strikes at one point or another. Whether it be as small as a sprained ankle to has large as a death of a family member. We see time and time again how when crisis hits individuals and families tend to crumble. But we also see individuals and families that become stronger and closer when crisis stiles them. When family members are able to lean on each other and overcome the bad things together, relationships are strengthened.

A statement that I really like is “when we actually have to work for something we gain more appreciation for what we have.” That is something I have certainly seen and learned throughout my life. For me personally I know how much more something means to me when I myself put in the work to receive whatever the result or reward is. When we are faced with hard trying times when we put the work it to overcome that trial we gain appreciation for it because of what we were able to learn from it. What it comes down to is how we choose to react to the trials put in our paths. We can chose to use them as an opportunity to grow or we can let them over take us tare us down.

 God doesn’t punish people by allowing bad things to happen to us. One of my favorite quotes is by Elder Jorg Klebingat, he said “often trials and tribulations are allowed to come into [your life] because of what [you] are doing right”. I believe that to be true. Trials are what truly strengthens and help us to learn and grow the most. It is our choice of how we respond to trials that help shape us into who we are and who we will become.

No comments:

Post a Comment